Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Be the Catalyst...

In my ongoing pursuit to personally solve the eduction issue in Cleveland, I found another website that I thought I would share. (Just kidding about solving the issue, I am not going to solve it alone and neither can anyone else, but I can certainly help by getting involved, educating myself, researching what other cities have done and spreading the word.)

Seems there are lots of people out there just like me that feel Cleveland and Ohio can improve their schools, and in doing so, can improve their futures! There is a site called Catalyst Ohio that provides independent reporting on school reform. They have many good articles and insights and discuss how the current political environment, and specifically the Obama administration, is helping to shape our schools right here in Ohio.

You can find the site at (http://www.catalyst-ohio.org/index.php) and if you go there you should check out the current Letter From the Editor, Keith Reed (http://www.catalyst-ohio.org/news/index.php?item=721&cat=19). He writes about a topic similar to one of my earlier discussions of whether it is the teachers job or the parents job to get involved and help the children. Its certainly a good read and for those looking for information on school aid and government programs he even shares a few good links...pass them along.

Its the beginning of the summer, now is the time to start gearing up for the new school year. Be the Catalyst...get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment